Best of the Best: March & April Favorites

The months of March & April offer so much eye candy that it is hard to take it all in. Between the new Spring lines in home and fashion, outdoor furniture, and garden gear, I could spend every hour shopping! But, without fail, there are 3 things I always gravitate toward when I shop or meet an interior: Fabulous Lighting, Intriguing Tables, and Fine Fabrics.  I have posted some examples that I have drooled over this spring.


Charles Edwards Pagoda Lanterns via charlesedwards.com




Barry Entner Aquas chandelier
To me, a great light fixture makes the room it illuminates. Lighting must be scaled correctly for the room, support the mood and, above all, be interesting. Nothing ruins a space more than an outdated or boring ceiling mount!


Restoration Hardware 17c. Monastery Table in Grey Acacia
A great table is an essential in every home. I'm not talking about the shiny, for-when-guests-are-here dining room table. I mean the family table - the one where your family sits down to dinner every night, the one where the kids do their homework, and where you pay the bills or do laundry. That table should be solid, smooth, and able to take a beating and look better for the ware and tear. A great farmhouse-style table, like this one from Restoration Hardware, which is very reasonably priced.

Brunschwig & Fils Lhasa Green

And, nothing makes a house a home like fabrics that speak volumes about who lives there. Whether fabric is used sparingly on accent pillows or hung floor to ceiling, framing huge windows, we are drawn in to a room by the pattern or texture that fabric adds to a space. And, I just can't get enough of the joyful, vivid prints from Manuel Canovas' New Collection; they just say "come look at and touch me and be happy."

Manuel Canovas - part of the New Collection


No comments:

Post a Comment